Protecting the Rights of Tenants in the Boca Raton Area
Many people in Boca Raton rent housing instead of owning. If you rent, you should not have to live in fear that your landlord can evict you and leave you homeless whenever they want. For this reason, Florida law provides many protections and legal rights for tenants in our state. If you believe that your landlord has violated your rights under the law or your lease agreement, you should contact the law office of Juliana Gaita, P.A., to consult with a tenant rights lawyer in Boca Raton.
Violations of Tenant Rights
Both your lease agreement and state law provide you with different legal rights as a tenant. Some of these include:
- The right against unlawful housing discrimination
- The right against retaliation by a landlord
- The right to notice of a landlord’s entry on your property
- The right against self-help eviction
- The right to a warranty of habitability and safe living conditions
- The right to withhold rent if necessary repairs are not completed
- The right to have a security deposit properly returned
Many landlords may try to wrongfully evict a tenant without a court order, threaten a tenant into moving out, neglect a property to the detriment of a tenant’s health and safety, and more. If you believe your landlord is acting wrongfully, you should seek legal advice and representation as soon as you can. The right lawyer can often help resolve the matter swiftly and keep you in your home whenever possible.
Contact a Tenant Rights Lawyer in Boca Raton for the Help You Need
The law office of Juliana Gaita, P.A., represents tenants in many types of disputes. Our Boca Raton tenant rights attorney can help resolve your matter out of court or litigate the case if needed. Call today for help.