Guiding You Through the Divorce Process in Florida
Getting divorced can be a difficult process for many people, both emotionally and legally. Just as each marriage is unique, so is every divorce case. Some divorces are resolved relatively quickly and amicably, while others can involve long delays, adversarial court hearings, and additional costs. You want to make sure you have a divorce lawyer in Boca Raton on your side who understands your goals in divorce and helps you achieve them as efficiently as possible. Contact the law firm of Juliana Gaita, P.A. today.
Divorce in Florida
Florida has strict laws that govern divorce, and it is important to meet all the requirements and follow the right procedures to prevent unnecessary costs and delays. For example:
- One spouse must have been a resident of Florida for at least six months prior to filing
- The divorce petition must state grounds for divorce, which are no-fault in Florida
- The petitioner must properly serve their spouse, and the respondent has a short period of time to file an answer
- Spouses must resolve all relevant issues under Florida law before the court will grant the final divorce
Common Issues in a Divorce Case
The issues you will need to resolve in a divorce case will depend on the circumstances of your marriage. Some common issues include:
- Division of marital property
- Child custody, also known as time-sharing and parenting responsibilities
- Child support
- Spousal support/alimony
We help many clients reach out-of-court resolutions through negotiation or mediation to save resources, though we are also ready to litigate any issue when necessary.
Seek Help from a Divorce Lawyer in Boca Raton You Can Trust
If divorce is in your future, you want the law firm of Juliana Gaita, P.A., on your side. Contact our Boca Raton divorce attorney to learn about the many ways we can help.