Call Us Now! 561.869.3703

Month: April 2021

Modifying Alimony: When Can You Ask For an Increase or Decrease?


If ongoing alimony has been awarded in your divorce case or alimony petition, you may seek to modify ib after a certain amount of time.  Either former spouse can request a modification, but they will have to demonstrate to the court that there is a substantial change in circumstances since the award of the alimony payment. The change in…

Read More

Changing Your Mindset About Your Legal Matter Through Affirmations


Affirmations can be a powerful tool in your tool box especially when you are going through any type of change in your life.  Your mind affects your actions far more than any other physical part of your body.  The internal dialogue that you have with yourself is likely full of negative reinforcing thoughts especially when you are going through…

Read More

No Fault-Divorce. Even When It Is Clearly the Other Person’s Fault

no fault-divorce

Florida is a no-fault divorce state, which means you do not need to explain or provide a reason to the Court for your request for the divorce. You simply need to want the divorce and to state that your marriage is irretrievably broken and there’s no change that either of you can repair it. If you meet the residency…

Read More